Monday, February 7, 2011

Mentor Blogs

Ben's Blog
I read a comment that Ben wrote on his own blog saying it wasn't good. And I was confused because his poem represented the art in a way that was very unique. Because he was able to explain what he thought was going on in the picture, through a excellent poem. I like how the picture looks like two very formal Japanese woman who are rather traditional, but Ben took it in an almost modern point of view and saw it as them being in some kind of a cat fight (as far as I can tell). I think all together it was a very good and insightful way of responding to the art.



Yummy Baby 
Max's Blog
I liked Max's post because of the questions and thoughts he brings up. He kept bringing up these very open ended questions and then elaborating on them in all different directions. I also really like how Max goes on about how people are accepted or treated based on what they do as people, and how it's almost a choice we need to make.
Yummy Jesus 


Nora's Blog   <- they're different->    I liked this one too
Norah's post was on a poem called End of Winter. When I first read the poem I hardly understood it, but as I read the post it brought out things that put the poem together. Because Norah explains how she thought the poem was going to have to do with winter because of the title, but then she goes on by unpacking what  she think the author was saying. I also like the poem Norah wrote in response to the picture she chose because it was really well written and I liked how the rhyme scheme and paragraphing was different.
Yummy baby 

No comments:

Post a Comment