Monday, December 6, 2010

the never ending book

I thought I was going to live life experiencing and enjoying. But my life has quickly gone of course and crashed in a neighborhood called park slope where I go to school.


:(


I used to think reading was entertaining or at least was supposed to be, heck I guess I still think it is. But as bored took over my life, I've found less of an interest in reading. I guess its because after homework, school, dinner, and everything in-between, I don't want to read. I mean I can't read. I mentally protect myself from the thought and act of reading.


:(


But the thing that's keeping me from saying "I hate reading," is the train. I take the B train on monday and wednesday and it is one of the few times I can guarantee I will enjoy reading a (good) book. I think the environment of the train is what I really enjoy, wether it's the color of the sky on the bridge, a duo of mexican mariachi musicians, or some funny people, I always an adrenalin rush of thoughts that push the book/story farther. And it's awkward, because these things seem to be distraction but they just really get my head thinking for the book. I feel like it helps me imagine things better as if I can read better. :(

But this is all on account that I have a marvelous book in the first place. So I Only sort of hate Reading.......


Sorry.


:)
He has it easy

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you put yourself into your writing and how you openly admit to not like reading so much. your not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. louis, this was really insightful. i love how you described the train ride. i am not naive enough to believe that every one will love to read:) BUT reading is going to be a huge part of your academic life for the next 8 years at least--so hopefully we can talk and find some books that are thought provoking, cause you to think a little deeper and find a nugget of truth to practice writing about reading. how do you feel about other kinds of art? paintings, music, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using this in my all star mentor blog post. Keep up the good work Louis.

    ReplyDelete