Sunday, November 28, 2010

REALITY BLOWs

Ever since I was probably 5 I've been asked "What I want to be." 


First it was an astronaut, then
a Stunt Man, and later
a Bartender. Now I don't know.


In this part of the book Craig is realizing that when he returns to "Reality" (school) he will have to work deal with things and people and eventually do something for money. As he's in the hospital talking to Dr. Minerva, he realizes he doesn't want to be a lawyer or the president, but Craig is already one step ahead of me, he knows what he wants to be and now he just has to pursue in this thing he wants to do. So thinking back on it I've realized that Craig answered the question, he knows what he wants to be, but how did he answer it. How did he know that for the next few years he wanted to be an artist??
To make a decision like that is very difficult, and for some people like me making a decision is very very hard. I can't tell my mom wether I'd prefer to go to an australian or thai place for dinner, so to decide what I want to in my future, that should provide money, and enjoyment is very very difficult for me. Craig is making a decision that could effect his life greatly but he seems so calm about it. 

Are you supposed to go with your gut feeling, do what your best at, or just do what you think you'll like the best even if you suck at it?? I think the way you decide is based on yourself, like different people have their own way of picking something. I guess my way of picking something is by choosing the option that suits my needs best. 
So I think people choose what they want to do or where they want to go based on their own methods, like going with their "heart," or doing what you think will please yourself the most.

MONKEY

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is awesome, Louis. You do make a clear point that making a decision what you want to be when you grow up, when you're young, doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete