Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dark, sad, and EVIL

Watchmen is dark. The characters the story the pictures, everything is dark. 
I don't like the dark. I try to keep my life colorful. 
But it's not all dark. When Jon's "girl friend" goes to california to see her mom it's beautiful weather, sunny, bright.  
So things are dark and it's difficult to avoid, death in most cases are dark. But somewhere else wether it be far or near it's nice, bright, colorful...
The dark I'm talking about isn't the dark of night, but the dark of knowing something sad, like someone's gone, your never going to see them again, something like death.

It seems very rare to find scenes that aren't dark or sad. And I think all these dark things are building up to prepare the reader for later when the crazy stuff goes down when everything goes nuts, when "the nukes start flyin." 
Or maybe the proper setting for the story is a dark sad, crime filled city because that's where every thing's going on. Which I find unique because most authors don't use a setting that is so evil.







sorry it's 11:24 and I can't think of anything else to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment